Lauren Alaina's 'Mother' Makes Impressive Debut
























    Lauren Alaina may not have finished first, but the recent 'American Idol' runner-up is quickly establishing herself as a formidable contender on the music charts. Her debut single, 'Like My Mother Does,' entered Billboard's all-genre Hot 100 chart at No. 20, in addition to No. 9 on the trade's Digital Songs chart, with an 121,204 single downloads sold.

    This impressive feat marks the highest debut for a second place finalist in six years. "This is so awesome!" Lauren exclaims. "'American Idol' has changed my life, so I'm excited that the songs I performed on there are doing so well. I can't believe that I have a song out on country radio, much less that so many stations started playing it right away. I can't wait to get out and meet everybody and thank them personally for playing my song."

    And that song is one that hits close to home for Lauren. "Not only is 'Like My Mother Does' important to me professionally, but it's also special to me personally because my mom has been beside me through this whole thing," she tells. "She has been my biggest cheerleader and my biggest supporter when I was feeling down. This song is for her."

    The Georgia native has a busy summer ahead. Aside from recording her debut album in Nashville, the singer will attend the CMA Music Festival, present an award at the CMT Music Awards and make her Grand Ole Opry debut June 10.

    Lauren will join the other 'Idol' finalists on the American Idol Live! tour beginning July 6. Click here for ticket availability.Source URL: http://collectors45.blogspot.com/2011/06/lauren-alaina-makes-impressive-debut.html
    Visit Teen Celebrity Gossip for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive