Scotty McCreery Hoping School, Baseball Will Keep Him 'Normal'
























    Reigning 'American Idol' champ Scotty McCreery has had a whirlwind few months since becoming the singing competition's tenth season winner in May. The North Carolina native has been crossing the country on the American Idols LIVE tour, while also wrapping up his debut album, 'Clear as Day.' The son of a school teacher, who had previously hinted he would finish his schooling on the road, now sounds as though he may head back to Garner Magnet High School, if only to resume a sense of normalcy in his life.

    "I know it won't be the same that it was back before I did this, and I'm not expecting it to be -- I know my life's changed," Scotty concedes to PopCrush. "I just want to go back and see people I've grown up with and not totally forget about the life I had before this. That's what made me who I am today. I'm not going to be walking around school with an 'American Idol' T-shirt on. I'm going to just be a normal kid, and hopefully things will work out."

    The baseball aficionado adds that he would like to trade the microphone for the pitcher's mound, if only for a little while. "Right now we're looking ahead at what our opportunities are," says Scotty. "We're looking at tour dates and stuff, so depending on whether that interferes or not is something we'll have to look at, but it's looking like I might be able to get back for a few games and pitch some ... Baseball and music were my two loves growing up, and now I've moved more towards a career in music, but that doesn't mean I have to give up my love for baseball. I may take it up as a hobby -- join a rec league or a travel league while I'm performing. Hopefully I can get back and play with the boys at the high school. We'll see how that works out."

    Off the baseball field, Scotty has already scored his first hit. His debut single, 'I Love You This Big,' reached the Top 20. His follow-up tune, 'The Trouble With Girls,' is a song the 17-year-old says hits eerily close to home.

    "I think a lot of guys can relate to these lyrics, a lot of guys and a lot of girls," the deep-voiced signer notes. "Girls that like to hear those things said to them, and guys feel, well, for me, it's tough to say those things, but it's relatable. It's been tough for me these past couple of years, I haven't had a girlfriend in three or four years now, so I guess you could say I've had trouble with girls ... But the song's not necessarily about that kind of trouble with girls. It's more of a sweet song, talking about how pretty [they are] and all kinds of good things about the girls."

    Still, even Scotty acknowledges his luck with women may be changing. "I get marriage proposals, prom proposals," he admits. "I've had ring pops given to me and put on my left hand, my left finger. It's all funny stuff. We take it, we laugh about it, we go along with it. It's all in good fun."

    Scotty's new album, 'Clear as Day,' which includes a track written by Keith Urban, hits shelves Oct. 4. The American Idols LIVE tour will wrap up its stateside trek tomorrow night (Sept. 10) in Rochester, N.Y., and then heads to the Philippines for two shows on Sept. 20 and 21.Source URL: http://collectors45.blogspot.com/2011/09/scotty-mccreery-hoping-school-baseball.html
    Visit Teen Celebrity Gossip for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive